The following “Code of Conduct” is the national standard for all players playing our great game, and are most fair and reasonable.
The Kapunda Football Club desires all our players play to this code and as a Club, we promise to hold our players accountable to this standard. Again, we believe this to be a most fair and reasonable expectation.
You may already know that when each player registers, they are prompted that by registering they are agreeing to play to these standards. These are those:
Code of Conduct
The Player understands and agrees to:
- Play in accordance with the rules of the game;
- Never argue with an official. If a player disagrees with a decision, they should ask the team manager to approach the official during a break or after the competition;
- Control their temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport and may be a breach of your state, league or national Member Protection Policy;
- Never engage in any type of violence either on or off the field;
- Work equally hard for themselves and their team. The team’s performance will benefit, and so will the Player’s;
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by their team or the opposition;
- Treat all participants as they would like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor;
- Co-operate with their coaches, team-mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition;
- Participate for their own enjoyment and benefit and for the enjoyment and benefit of their teammates; not to please anyone else.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of the gender, ability, cultural background or religion;
- Not take part in any form of bullying including via the use of social media. For more information see your state, league or national Member Protection Policy;
- Be prepared to be responsible for their actions.