Welcome to the Bomber’s website.
The season is well underway now for most of teams. By this we mean that women’s footy is to make it’s mark in our competition in 2017, with a July start for what looks like an U17 and U14 teams. Ladies, REGISTRATION IS OPEN!! CLICK HERE to register
We are experiencing mixed results across our teams, with some starting to make some traction and as well as showing some good signs. We have some new faces at the Club and some who have returned.
Off-field we continue to raise the bar with some wonderful events.
- The opening home game had a family theme. Bomber Day was a resounding success with parents, grandiose and extended friends and families populating the crowd to come and cheer our junior footballers and netballers. Our sponsors stop tall and purses open to fund a new set of reversible guernseys displaying their logos on the bomber tops.
- Bomber’s Dream Team 2017 – a spin-off from the tried and tested guernsey auction night attracted many faces across the Football and Netball Clubs and is proving to have engaged many with its fresh take.
- Sponsor’s Day again enabled the Club to thank the generosity we receive from our loyal sponsorship base. It was a packed house with good food and wine had – the senior’s win was icing on the cake!
- May 24th marked the day that women’ footy began at the home of the Bombers. A great initiative for the BLG FA, off the back of an exciting season of AFL women’s football. Watch this space!
UPCOMING 2017 EVENTS FOR THE DIARY
- Gourmet Day, 4th June. View details on this home-page through the calendar events
- Red and Rump auction, 5th August. Details to be shared closer to the date, including special guest speaker.
2016 in Review…celebrating 150years of an uninterrupted football club identity.
Our junior numbers across our U9’s and 11’s were strong, our 13’s put in some solid performances and much heart was shown by our 15’s and 17’s sides.
In the seniors, the Bomber reached the finals in both A’s and B’s. Our A’s finished third on the ladder and our B’s second – a tremendous effort by both sides.
The A’s played for a spot in the preliminary final and unfortunately fell short. Whilst much can be talked about of the efforts during the whole game, it is always going to be difficult pegging back a seven-goal deficit. As always, Coach McCarthy talks straight and feels we were outmatched by a strong, tall opposition who jumped out the gates with intensity. Not unfamiliar in a final and it just appeared the opposition wanted the ball more than us. The backs were under pressure all day as their mid-field run us ragged. So, lessons can be learnt through all the above.
On the upside, our B’s took it to all the way to the big day. Whilst outmatched on Grand Final day, getting there exceeded the Club’s expectations, which showed tremendous heart, depth and consistency – most encouraging for the season’s ahead and to influence our colts.
Keep up the Bomber cheer and come support the lads THROUGH 2017.
Go The Bomber!!!
The History of Kapunda Football Club
First Use of the Ball: Celebrating Football in Kapunda Since 1866
This commemorative book superbly written by Paul McCarthy will be available from April 22nd. There are still a few copies left for sale in 2017.Read More…