Welcome to the Bomber’s website.
The season is well and truly over now for the majority of our teams, except of course our A Grade, who play for the flag!
WHEN: September 23rd WHERE: Nuri Oval WHAT TO BRING: Your bomber roar and colours
Details are on our FaceBook site and we hope that you can get your Black and Red on and come cheer on our lads on their quest for premiership glory.
Grand Final – Bomber Promo.
Off-field we continue to raise the bar with some wonderful events.
- The opening home game had a family theme. Bomber Day was a resounding success with parents, grandiose and extended friends and families populating the crowd to come and cheer our junior footballers and netballers. Our sponsors stop tall and purses open to fund a new set of reversible guernseys displaying their logos on the bomber tops.
- Bomber’s Dream Team 2017 – a spin-off from the tried and tested guernsey auction night attracted many faces across the Football and Netball Clubs and is proving to have engaged many with its fresh take.
- Sponsor’s Day again enabled the Club to thank the generosity we receive from our loyal sponsorship base. It was a packed house with good food and wine had – the senior’s win was icing on the cake!
- May 24th marked the day that women’ footy began at the home of the Bombers. A great initiative for the BLG FA, off the back of an exciting season of AFL women’s football. We fielded an U14 and U17 team and they both performed exceptionally well in their inaugural seasons, with the U14’s taking out the flag! We also had several from both grades make the CDFC teams – a brilliant effort all round.
- August 5th was our annual Red and Rump Auction night. Tim Ginever entertained over a great evening where many donated great auction items and those who purchased helped make our biggest fundraising event for the year a most successful event.
- August 19th we also managed to squeeze in the gourmet evening for another get together for our Club, topping off a busy calendar of functions for the Bomber.
UPCOMING 2017 EVENTS FOR THE DIARY
- Presentation Night – Friday, October 13th, 7pm
The History of Kapunda Football Club
First Use of the Ball: Celebrating Football in Kapunda Since 1866
This commemorative book superbly written by Paul McCarthy will be available from April 22nd. There are still a few copies left for sale in 2017.Read More…